ROTONDA LAKES CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
MAY 23, 2018
The duly noticed Board of Directors’ meeting of the Rotonda Lakes Conservation Association, Inc. was held on May 23, 2018 in the Management Office. The meeting was called to order at 1:00 p.m. by Chairperson and Vice President, Gerry Chesney. Directors in attendance in person were Gerry Chesney, Linda Konings, Jim McNally and Joe Finn. Rick Gardner was excused. Also present was Association Managers Tim Freeman and Brenda Wright. A quorum of the Board was present so the meeting could proceed.
MINUTES MOTION was made by Linda Konings, seconded by Joe Finn, and unanimously carried to approve the minutes of the April 25, 2018 Board meeting as presented.
TREASURER’S REPORT Tim Freeman informed the Directors that the office has a new improved bookkeeping software system with better reporting capabilities and an update report will be distributed to them shortly.
ACC: Owner/Builder of the following properties submitted plans and applications for new construction. The Association consultant reviewed the plans and applications and found that they meet the Association established criteria for new construction with exceptions as set out below next to the homes.
1. The Board previously agreed to grant owner/builder relief to build the below 5 homes at the square footage of 1436 noting they are under the new 1500 square foot requirement as these plans were in process at the County prior to the new Covenants & Restrictions being recorded. After review of the plans and applications, MOTION was made by Joe Finn, seconded by Jim McNally, and unanimously carried to approve the applications and plans for new construction with the square footage exception set out above for the following new homes: 111 Wagon place, 105 Wagon Place, 165 Antilla Drive, 160 Crane Terrace, and 233 Baytree Drive.
2. 178 Antis Drive and 122 David Blouevard after review of the plans and applications, MOTION was made by Joe Finn, seconded by Jim McNally, and unanimously carried to approve the referenced homes contingent upon owner/builder wrapping landscape from right front to right elevation of 178 Antis Drive and wrapping landscape from left front to left elevation of 122 David Boulevard.
3. 103 Wagon Place After review, MOTION was made by Joe Fin, seconded by Gerry Chesney, and unanimously carried to approve plans and application for referenced property.
4. 150 Wright Drive After review, MOTION was made by Joe Fin, seconded by Linda Konings, and unanimously carried to approve plans and application for referenced property.
5. 142 Wahoo Drive After review, MOTION was made by Joe Fin, seconded by Linda Konings, and unanimously carried to approve plans and application for referenced property and inform owner/builder that pool equipment must be sight-screened.
6. 117 Coca Lane After review, MOTION was made by Joe Fin, seconded by Gerry Chesney, and unanimously carried to approve plans and application for referenced property.
7. 136 Cabana Way After review, MOTION was made by Joe Fin, seconded by Jim McNally, and unanimously carried to approve plans and application for referenced property.
RMC: After review of request, MOTION was made by Jim McNally, seconded by Linda Konings, and unanimously carried to approve plans to install flag pole at 138 Crevalle Road. Pole must be installed in concrete per manufacturer’s specifications and must be maintained in good condition.
After discussion and review of request, MOTION was made by Joe Finn, seconded by Jim McNally, and unanimously carried to approve plans to add a garage attached by breezeway at the roofline. All paint and materials will match existing home. Approval is contingent on owner installing a driveway to the garage addition at time of construction and landscaping must also be placed along left elevation.
Beautification and Landscaping: Directors discussed with the beginning of mowing season, the contractor has been instructed to avoid wetter areas and they may see taller grass in areas but will avoid ruts. If the grass gets too high, Directors may recommend adding some boom mowing to wetter areas.
Deed Restrictions: Brenda Wright reported that deed restriction letters were sent to owners for violations regarding parking. Majority of the violations have already been corrected.
Association Park Master Plan: Tim Freeman is awaiting response from a couple of architect companies and will provide the Directors with an approximate cost for developing a master plan for the common areas when he hears back from them.
Association Owned Lots For Sale: After discussion, the Directors decided to table the matter at this time.
Swale/Drainage Area in Center of Green Pine Park: Mr. Freeman reported that this area filled with water during Hurricane Irma last year and a request has been submitted to Charlotte County for drainage areas in that section of the community and it is on the County’s list of sections to review.
145 Anchor Road – Outdoor Storage Facility Questions: Potential owner presented pictures and preliminary draft of plans for a storage facility on a low intensity industrial lot. The Directors reviewed for aesthetics of the outward appearance of the storage area surrounded by a 10 foot tall chain link fence with barb wire on top with a screen on the inside along Gasparilla Road and Anchor Road sides of the lot. The Directors noted that they would require the screening and enough mature landscaping to hide vehicles parked inside the fenced area from sight. Directors agreed with the concept and noted the need for a vehicle storage area in the community.
Membership Input: There were no members present at the meeting.
Payables: Payables were reviewed and signed.
Next Meeting: The next Board of Directors’ meeting is tentatively scheduled to be held on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 1 p.m. in the Association Management Office. In the event there is no new business to discuss, the Directors will not meet.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 2:50 p.m.
Brenda Wright, Association Management